2. The Big Green. Also a great movie and the name of our soccer team. Yes, we are playing in a church soccer league and our debut was today. We have some real all-stars on the team. Mo, Kohl, and Trav to name a few. We also have a team mom who brings oranges at half-time (not kidding). I am playing for the exercise since I run up and down, up and down, not really catching anyone or touching the ball. Quickness is not in my gene pool. Clara, I hope you got your dad's genes.
3. My husband. Trav was selected as Vanguard's Young Alumnus of the Year. Well, Co-Alumnus with Stewart. We went to the luncheon today where he was presented with the award. It was a pretty big deal and I have to say, I was a pretty proud wife. Plus it was just neat to see all of the cool older alums and the neat ways God has been/is using so many.
4. Trav and I took on Adam and Kohl in doubles tennis and tied. Noteworthy, but not enough to be in the title of this blog.
Awesome - am smiling after reading your blog! Sounds like you guys are really enjoying life in SoCal. Ahhh, and I love the little comment to Clara; too funny & cute! Hugs to you guys!
ReplyDeleteHa! I love all that you've been up to lately...
ReplyDelete1. I hope you loved New Moon - I have to say it was kind of weird watching the high school version of Jono on the big screen ;)
2. I hope Clara gets Jonathan's genes too. Yeah for the "slow but motivateds" - you're doing me proud.
3. Is Trav really an alum if he didn't graduate? (just joking - what an honor!!!)
Love you!
awesome blog and fun reading about you two in socal. Knock it off, you have enough speed to get it done. You always have. If you're not a speed merchant you can still be quick and change directions quickly and be at the right place at the right time. All of your kids will be fine and stellar scholar athletes. love dad
ReplyDeletePlease tell me you have clicked on DVaughn and followed the link to his "true lub" blog...
ReplyDelete