Alright, so this is an interactive blog. Please look at the pictures above and ask yourself, “which stocking would get me out of bed Christmas morning and put the biggest smile on my face?” I won’t tell you if we made our own or each other’s stockings, but know that the winner gets a ten minute back massage (so it’s a serious competition). Please add a comment on this blog entry and tell us if the rainbow joy stocking or the fluffy festive stocking fulfills your Christmas morning fantasies. We’ll reveal the winner in the next post. (And yes, we sat in the hut with our ladies and crocheted these. We got to explain some of our Christmas traditions in America, like trees and stockings, while we crocheted. They were mesmerized. They couldn’t imagine a stocking of that size being filled up with sweets and goodies. They loved both of our stockings and wanted us to teach them how to make them. Maybe next year…new product line? Ha.)
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Participation Required
Alright, so this is an interactive blog. Please look at the pictures above and ask yourself, “which stocking would get me out of bed Christmas morning and put the biggest smile on my face?” I won’t tell you if we made our own or each other’s stockings, but know that the winner gets a ten minute back massage (so it’s a serious competition). Please add a comment on this blog entry and tell us if the rainbow joy stocking or the fluffy festive stocking fulfills your Christmas morning fantasies. We’ll reveal the winner in the next post. (And yes, we sat in the hut with our ladies and crocheted these. We got to explain some of our Christmas traditions in America, like trees and stockings, while we crocheted. They were mesmerized. They couldn’t imagine a stocking of that size being filled up with sweets and goodies. They loved both of our stockings and wanted us to teach them how to make them. Maybe next year…new product line? Ha.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to say, I would for sure be waking up to see the rainbow stripped Travy one. :) Hope I dont hurt feelings. ps I got my first krocket kids hat for a gift for x mas.
ReplyDeleterainbow one. its good to hear you are still doing competitions for back massages...
ReplyDeleteI have to say the rainbow one really has pazzazz with the bright colors and tassles. I have to believe the Leah crocheted that one, as Travis would not call himself "Travy". If that is the case Leah has really improved her crocheting skills and would have not been laughed at by the ladies.
ReplyDeleteI vote for the Travy one.
love mom
This is actually DadV on Tammy's site. Both are awesome. The "top stocking" with it's speckled blend of dark colors is creative and pretty cool. The rainbow hat below is colorful and impressive and really catches your eye. I vote for the rainbow sherbert Christmas stocking.
ReplyDeletedad
Rainbow takes the cake in my book. The little ornaments makes "Travy" a stand out. I also have to concur with Tammy's analysis :)
ReplyDeletei think santa would be frightened by those rainbows. i vote leah!
ReplyDeletei vote for the fuzzy one. trav - if you win this massage bet...the only right thing to do is to give leah one in return :-)
ReplyDeleteOK.. My first thought was the rainbow Travey one. Thats what we called you when you were little. brought back great memories. but the fuzzy one is growing on me it is definitely more unique and would certainly bring memories some day when the kids are taslking about those stockings. Both were made with love but I will vote for fuzzy wuzzy Leah
ReplyDeleteWell, I have to say Travy's stocking brings an instant smile to my face! I love the bright colors and the ball on top! I am glad to see you two crocheting! You go Leah! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteMama Claude
The Travy looks like it belongs in Whooville, which makes it my vote.
ReplyDeleteWhen I think of Christmas stockings they better be able to function in two ways; hold gifts and be worn around the house. Therefore my vote is for the fuzzy Leah stocking, it looks very warm.
ReplyDeleteHappy Christmas Travy and Leah.
First of all, I have to say that I already know who made each stocking. For one, the "handwriting", or stitching of the names is a give away. Secondly, I know that Leah (if she made her own stocking), would never put LE and AH on two separate lines. Thirdly, Leah would pick the color combination stocking instead of the monochromatic look.
ReplyDeleteWith that said, they are both pretty fabulous stockings:). I vote for the rainbow striped one because I have to vote for Leah. Make it a extra good back rub, Travy!
i like leah's. the one that says leah.
ReplyDeleteI would have to say that I am a fan of Trav´s, sorry Leah.ldat
ReplyDeleteI like Leah's! Oh, and I also love you guys' Christmas tree. Its adorable.
ReplyDeleteThey are both cool, better just call it a tie and give each other back rubs.
ReplyDeletei vote travy... sorry trav.
ReplyDeletei realize this is probably too late to vote, but my vote is definitely for the rainbow stocking!!:) leah, wanted to let you know i was thinking about you today and that you will be missed tonight at our bachelor get together!!!:)
ReplyDelete