Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Long Beach 10K Champs
Yes. I know. A 10K does not come close to competing with the recent half marathon accomplishments of a few friends and family members, but I'm working on my baby steps. My friend Katie and I ran a 10K this weekend in Long Beach and let's just say, we destroyed the competition. Well, sort of. We got 123rd and 125th (hmmmmm...with hands held, outstretched across the finish line), but more importantly, we placed 1st and 2nd in our age division. Sadly, I was 2nd :). The scenery was less than impressive and the area of town was a little sketchy, but nonetheless, we had a great time. Here are a few pics. See if you can find the before and the after picture as well as our form crossing the finish line. Also, please note the height difference. I truly am a giant.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
congrats Leah. You and Katie had fun and were champions of the entire civilized world! Can't wait to see you and your championship #1 man
ReplyDelete