Sunday, May 3, 2009

Clara Joanne Hook


Little Clara Joanne Hook literally raced into the world early this morning (May 3rd). Both mom and baby are healthy and happy (and tired). She weighed in at exactly 7 lbs and was 19 1/2 inches long. She was born at 2:29am....only a few hours after the mama went into labor. I'll let Amy tell you all the details after she recovers, but everyone in the family is so excited.

I'd also like to use this blog to publicly apologize to miss Clara. "I'm sorry I called you a 'he' throughout your time in the womb. I had no idea it was you in there."

I'll try to get some close-ups of Clara as soon as possible. Here's a picture of mom, dad, and baby......they look real good for the amount of sleep they've had (zero).

1 comment:

  1. Love what a proud auntie & uncle you both are--Clara is sure adorable!!! So great to see you both last Sunday at the BBQ. I really appreciated your help with the kids & getting the lemonaide - you were so thoughtful & considerate to help! That blessed me (and Ken), and we just wanted you to know how much we enjoy being in your company. Sorry we were mega distracted & didn't get much time to visit. Maybe this summer?? :) You both are awesome & I am so glad you are able to enjoy the summer here in Spokane with family. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete